Cindy’s Grand Columbier Carrots:
(Because Cindy, one of our gorgeous French daughters, lives in Culoz, Ain, France, in the shadow of The Grand Columbier, a friggin’ great big mountain and a famous ascent of the Tour de France, where the Jura meet the Alps, very near to Geneva, and this is her way with carrots; hence…….)
Prep: 5 mins.
Cooking: 25 + 20 mins. Re-heating in the oven when you want them.
Course: Veg side dish
Serves: As many as…..
Rating: 2: Easy
- Fresh carrots
- Chicken/Veggie stock (use a stock cube!)
- Oven dish
- Peel and cut the carrots into good-sized chunks. Big enough to be ‘rustic’ but not too big t’get into your mouth. They won’t need to be peeled if they are nice, small-ish carrots with thin skins. If they are like this, just clean them.
- Put them into the oven dish and spread them with soft butter. Chuck some dried thyme over them – enough that you can see it’s there…… just experiment!
- Mix it up and make it nice.
- Pour in about a cup/mug of hot water with a chicken stock cube crumbled into it and stirred up. Use a veggie stock cube if you are not a carnivore.
- Cover with foil (or use a Pyrex type glass dish with a lid) and stuff it into the oven for about 25 mins on 180 degs C. Turn out the oven. They are ready to be reheated when you need them.
- About 20 mins or so before you need to serve them, re-light the oven to 180 again for 20 mins. Pour the liquid into your gravy or make it into a sauce, or use it as it is.
- Thank you Cindy!