Cheesy Turkey Burgers:
(This recipe may be made with any meat, but we’ll use turkey for now).
This recipe is flexible. If you only have a little turkey left over it will feed less people than if a lot of meat is available. Thus, you will need to vary the quantities as necessary. Or just ‘make it stretch’.
Use your brain – it will work, honest. The recipe, that is; I don’t know about your brain!
Prep: 10 mins.
Cooking: 15 mins.
Serves: See text
Rating: 2: Easy
- Left-over cooked turkey (or whatever meat you have)
- Hard cheese (no, ol’ feller, that’s not a comment, it’s an ingredient) that has been grated
- Worcester sauce, as you have cheese….
- An egg
- A little flour (Flour, that is; not flowers!)
- Optional – Whole grain mustard
- Burger Baps (bread rolls)
- Tomatoes & Salad as required
- A Wally (that’s a gherkin for those uninitiated in the fascinating world of the Wally)
- Sauces; ketchup, mayo, brown sauce, mustard……..
- Food processor
- Frying pan
- Put the onion (coarsely hacked just to give it a start) and the turkey into the food processor with the Worcester sauce, seasoning, egg, whole grain mustard and half of the cheese.
- Process (blitz) the contents to a thick consistency.
- Sprinkle a little flour onto a cleaned surface; take a handful of the paste, firstly making a ball and then pressing it into a burger shape (not too thick) on the floured surface.
- Your aim is to make burger shapes (they can be square ones if you are using sandwich bread instead of rolls) of the paste, lightly dusted with flour. (Make ‘em elephant shape if you wish….. or if you have what we know as ‘bridge rolls’ around here, shape them in a penile fashion…..! )
- Fry these in oil for 3 to 4 minutes each side then take them out, load them with the cheese (and more Worcester sauce), transferring them to the grill to have the cheese gooified (or just carefully return them to the pan, turned down to the lowest heat, if you haven’t a grill – or are just too lazy to put it on….).
- Serve them in baps or bread with whatever salad, sauces, etc you would like.
- Take that, Makkidoos! (coarse reference to a certain fast food chain….or even ALL fast food chains!)