Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes
Perfect for a light veggie lunch, a starter or just a scoff!
Prep: 10 mins.
Cooking: 15 mins.
Course: Starter, lunch or snack,
Rating: 2: Easy
- 1 cauliflower – either a fresh head, or a bag of frozen florets
- 2 eggs
- 100g cheese of some sort – I prefer Leicester, but….
- 1 onion, finely chopped.
- Breadcrumbs, soft – about 2 slices or more, well blitzed
- Seasoning – perhaps even a little cayenne pepper….
- Oil (not 3-in-1, sewing machine or engine)
- Perhaps some light soured cream, just to be a little indulgent…
- Frying pan
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling water until tender, probably about 10 minutes
- Drain well and mash the cauliflower while it is still warm
- Grate the cheese, chop the onion, (tote that barge; lift that bale; get a little drunk and…. Y’know the song!)
- Stir in the cheese, eggs, onions, bread crumbs & salt to taste….this is where you can add a bit of cayenne….
- Oil your frying pan and pop it over a medium to high heat
- Make the cauliflower mixture into balls, then burger shapes; thick and round, whatever size you wish – make one big one if you wish, but it’ll be a bugger to turn over!
- Fry until the mixture is properly set, lovely and golden brown on each side, perhaps about 3 minutes per side, maybe more
- Plate up. Tuck in. Enjoy with some light sour cream!