Honest, it’s so easy that there has to be a law against it.
- Go into Lidl or Aldi (other budget supermarkets are available…..) and grab a jar of roasted red peppers off the shelf.
- Pay the pittance that they cost
- Open the jar and take out three peppers. You’ll find that they’re all floppy, but then, if YOU’D been in that jar all that time, you wouldn’t be all that…… OK, I digress.
- Drain them off, but don’t dry them. Pop ’em into a food processor/liquidiser and blitz ’em.
- Hey Presto/Abracadabra (other magic type exclamations are available….) and you have a wonderful sauce.
- Add either balsamic vinegar or Worcestershire sauce to give it piquancy if you wish, but it’s hardly necessary.
- Use it with white fish, chicken, seafood……