Prep: 10 mins.
Cooking: 1 hr.
Rating: 2: Easy
(Shepherd’s pie is the one that is made with lamb mince and is topped with mash)
- Mince mixture as above for Lamb Mince’n’Onion Thingymebob
- Potatoes for the mash
- Grated cheese for the topping
- A splash of milk
- Any extra veg as desirable
- Peel the potatoes putting them into a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20+ mins.
- Drain and mash.
- Follow the above for the Lamb Mince’n’Onion Thingymebob mixture. Add any other veg you would like to; there are very few rules with Shepherd’s Pie.
- Pour the mixture into the oven dish & spread evenly. Spoon or pipe the mash (of whatever variation) on top of the mixture in the oven dish.
- Use a fork to even it all out and to leave some sort of pattern on the top to allow it to crunch up in the oven.
- Season the mash with black pepper and salt, sprinkle the grated cheese on top and splash a little milk over it all.
- Bake in a medium oven for half an hour.