Pork (or whatever is available) Sweet Chilli:
Prep: 10 mins.
Cooking: 15 mins.
Rating: 3: Moderate
The sweet chilli sauce that is available in a bottle in supermarkets can be used very effectively in making different dishes from the same basic ingredients.
- Leftover pork from a roast, or sausages, or beef, or….
- Peppers of some kind or another
- Sweet Chilli sauce
- Chop the onion and start to fry it up in whatever oil you prefer.
- Cut up the leftover meat into bite-sized cubes and throw that into the pan as well.
- Prepare the peppers by removing the seeds and chopping into large pieces and add to the pan, adding a couple of splashes of water.
- Turn the heat right down and cover the pan.
- Cook for about 10 mins, stirring occasionally to keep it from sticking.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and the sweetcorn, pour in a slug of the chilli sauce and stir.
- Replace the lid and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Adjust the sweet chilli sauce to your taste, give another quick stir and serve with Delia’s lovely white rice.