As Pheasant Pie, but:
- 1 wild rabbit with its coat off
- When preparing the pheasant, also simmer the rabbit saddle (that is the back of the rabbit containing the two loins – the main meat content) for an hour or so in the stock.
- Afterwards, take the loins off the backbone, break it up (not slice it) and throw in with the processed pheasant meat. Continue with the pie as above but in a larger pie dish (or even make two).
- The front and back legs of the rabbit can be casseroled separately and scoffed off the bone the next day.
- Or eat it with a mustard sauce.