Prep: 5 mins.
Cooking: 10 mins.
Rating: 2: Easy
- 2 cans of different beans
- Can of chopped tomatoes
- Pack of cheap bacon bits from the supermarket or town market
- Frying pan
- Cut up the bacon bits, discarding the fatty bits and rind. Throw into a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Slice the onions rustically (great big bits) and throw that in as well.
- Fry for about 10 minutes, to get the bacon crispy.
- Rinse both cans of beans under the cold tap (especially if one of the bean types is red kidney…. rinse really well).
- Pour off the fat into a cup (see Tricks’n’Tips for what to do with it afterwards) and put the beans in the frying pan. Add the can of chopped tomatoes. Get to be all bubbling and nice.
- Season to taste – you might want to put some sweet chilli sauce in it…… serve and eat.
- Lovely with a few good pints and a few good mates.