Bacon-Spiked Scrambled Eggs:
Prep: 5 mins.
Cooking: 10 mins.
Serves: 2 (and that’s the very best sort of breakfast….)
Rating: 1: Very easy
Lovely scrambled eggs enhanced by beautifully crispy bacon morsels giving spikes of intense flavour.
- 4 or 5 Eggs
- 2, 3 or 4 rashers of bacon or an amount of bacon bits
- Butter & a little oil
- Black pepper (you may not need salt as it has bacon)
- Frying pan
- Snip the bacon into little bits using kitchen scissors. Get the pan hot and put in a small amount of oil.
- Throw the cut bacon in. Keep all the bacon bits moving using a spatula until they are nicely crispy – about five minutes, I suppose.
- Pour the excess oil off, into a cup, retaining it for doing the roast spuds tomorrow… (don’t be tempted to pour it down the sink – see Tricks’n’Tips for how to deal with fats & oils).
- Put a knob of butter into the pan.
- Pour your beaten (or at least, fairly defeated) eggs into the pan on top of the bacon and keep them moving.
- Remember to serve the scrambled eggs onto plates before they look cooked – have courage!
- The resulting light, soft, silky scrambled eggs are wonderfully enhanced by the intensely flavoured crispy bacon spikes.
- Scoff with pleasure.
For the slimmers in our number, replace all references to ‘oil’ or ‘butter’ with this Fry-Light stuff. It’s nowhere near as good, but when attempting to shed a pound or two….. (or stones, in my case) it is a dammed good idea. And, more to the point, it works.