Turkey leg cubes:
Prep: 5 mins.
Cooking: 30 mins.
Rating: 2: Easy
A quick’n’easy main that looks good but won’t strain the wallet muscles.
- Turkey thigh (far better than turkey breast meat as far as I’m concerned – alternatively, use left-over turkey)
- Red onion
- Peas and other frozen veg – perhaps even baby sweetcorn
- Batchelors/Campbells condensed cream of mushroom/chicken soup – one or the other
- Frying pan
- Oven dish
- Cube the turkey to about 1-2cm size, roughly cut the red onion and fry the pair together, to start off the cooking process.
- When the turkey starts to brown, put peas and other frozen veg into the pan and add a can of condensed soup.
- Don’t add water, but rinse the can out with a tablespoon of milk (hand over the open end, shake, pour into the pan).
- When it’s all hot, pour it all into the oven dish and pop into a pre-heated oven at gas mk 4 for 20 minutes.
- Serve with new spuds or a lovely, smooth butter bean purée.
- It doesn’t sound much but it really does the biz.