Spanish Spinach with Pine Nuts:
Prep: 5 mins.
Cooking: 10 mins.
Course: Starter, lunch or snack
Rating: 2: Easy
- 500g bag of young spinach leaves
- Olive oil
- Sultanas or dried prunes
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely shredded
- 50g pine nuts
- Wash the spinach and pop it into a covered pan with just the water it has after being rinsed and cook for about 5 mins, stirring and turning over the leaves quite often.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan then gently fry the pine nuts with the sultanas/prunes.
- Pop the shredded garlic in the pan just for a very short while to take the harshness away – it must not burn!
- Squeeze out the spinach as much as you can – it will lose a great deal of moisture. (You can retain the squeezed out spinach water for other uses later, should you wish…… you’ve paid for the green colour, you might just as well make use of it…..somehow).
- Add the squeezed out spinach to the pan, turn up the heat to maximum and mix well. Add seasoning to taste and serve.