Simple Salmon Steak:
Prep: 5 mins.
Cooking: 15 mins.
Rating: 2: Easy
- 1 salmon steak
- Dried mixed herbs
- Lemon juice from a bottle / a lemon
- Splash of white wine?
- Kitchen foil
- Oven (baking) tray
- Set the oven to preheat to gas mk 5 and don’t put anything in until it is up to temperature.
- Place the buttered salmon steak, skin down on a piece of oiled kitchen foil in excess of 300 x 300, sprinkle on a few drops of water, dried mixed herbs and lemon juice – and a splash of white wine if you have it.
- Season lightly and make a sealed parcel with lots of air in it – a really tightly sealed parcel.
- Place the parcel on an oven tray and put into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and serve with lovely mint-boiled new spuds and frozen peas – but cooked, please, not still frozen.
- Taste and health on a plate.