Prep: 5 mins.
Cooking: 2 mins.
Rating: 1: Very easy, but for the best result you will need to have the courage to tip the egg mixture out of the pan before it looks to be fully cooked, otherwise it will be spoiled – see text.
For one person, find:
- 2 or 3 eggs
- Wooden/silicon spoon or spatula with which to move things about in the pan.
- Non-stick saucepan as above, but this time, using butter instead of the oil.
- Melt the butter gently and add the beaten egg. Simply keep the mixture moving at all times, not allowing it to be still for a second, keeping it slowly moving in the pan over a medium heat – the spoon should not be still for an instant.
- Tip the scrambled egg on to the warmed plate whilst it still looks quite wet, before it looks to be fully cooked as it will continue cooking on the plate as you eat it. If you leave it too long it will become hard and not very nice (like you’ll get at a motorway service area, school dinners and cheap hotel breakfasts….).
- Season to taste – either in the pan or on the plate.
ALSO SEE: Bacon-Spiked Scrambled Eggs; in the meat section. Yummy!