Ah! Now this is DIFFERENT!
You MUST certainly read the whole recipe before you embark on this journey……
I received this rather unusual recipe by email from a friend who is not known for her prowess in the kitchen, so I was more than a little surprised when it arrived. A different roast chicken recipe with amazing results: Thank you, Janet. I have reproduced it just as you sent it to me.
(You should know at this point that I have not yet actually tested this recipe;…..I really must try it out when can I summon up the courage.…..)
Prep: 10 mins.
Cooking: For duration in the oven, see method.
Serves: 2-4 (If they are good at cricket or baseball)
Rating: 2: Easy (Well, it must be easy if this friend says it is………..!)
A chicken recipe that uses popcorn? This is what she sent to me:
When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.
Give this a try.
- 1 chicken of whatever size you wish, to feed 4
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup Popcorn (unpopped)
- 1 cup stuffing
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt and pepper.
- Fill cavity with stuffing mixed with the popcorn.
- Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven. Close the door. (This is starting to sound suspicious…..)
- Listen for the popping sounds.
- When the chicken’s arse blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room and lands on the table, it’s done and ready to eat.
- Serve with pride!
And you thought I couldn’t cook ……..!
Hmmmmm…. Perhaps I was wrong to include this recipe?