Mary Rose Sauce:
This is a version of the seafood sauce for things like prawn cocktail – but it’s not only for prawn cocktail…..
Prep: 5 mins.
Cooking: 0 mins.
Rating: 2: Easy
- 4 dollops of mayonnaise
- 1 dollop of tomato ketchup
- Half a dollop of double cream
- Grated zest of a lemon
- The juice of a lemon
- Optional – A splash or two of Worcestershire sauce
- Optional – a splash of brandy.
- STOP PRESS! A tiny amount of Tabasco, Worcester Sauce and horseradish really gives the sauce a kick that is so needed to make it interesting; see the post STOP PRESS!
Using the proportions of the above, rather than the actual quantities (after all, how big is half a dollop……. about as big as half a hole?), make up your sauce to your taste.