Dragon’s Chicken & Tomato Casserole 1:
Dragon? Yes, my Dragon (my mother-in-Law) used to do this dish quite often, and it is with great respect that I name it after her. She’s no longer with us and in the last few years, sadly fell foul of Altzheimer’s. However, she’ll always be remembered for her generosity of mind and determined attitude. Best Dragon I ever ‘ad! (I only had 2, but….)
Prep: 5 mins.
Cooking: 60 mins. +
Rating: 2: Easy
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- Tin chopped tomatoes
- Chicken stock cube.
- A little wine if you have it
- Oven dish
- Prepare the chicken in the flour as in Fried Pepper Chicken.
- Put the four pieces into the oven dish and pour on the can of chopped tomatoes, rinsing out the can with about half a can more and putting that in with the chicken stock cube.
- Cover with foil and put into a pre-heated oven at gas mk 4 for around an hour or more. 2 hours would be fine. Check that the chicken has cooked through.
- Serve with anything you like, but a good super-smooth mash works well with it, especially if you do a nice herb mash (see Tricks’n’Tips).