Roasted carrot & goat’s cheese starter
Prep: 10 mins.
Cooking: 80 mins.
Course: Starter, lunch or snack,
Rating: 2: Easy
- 750g young, small and tender carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- Grated zest and juice 1 small orange
- 400g can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 100g crumbly vegetarian goat’s cheese
- A few mint leaves, roughly chopped (how many? Let’s say 19 ½ …..)
- 75g pomegranate seeds
- Warmed flatbreads or pitta, to serve
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- In a clean carrier bag, toss the small, young carrots with 1 tablespoonful of the oil, sprinkle with the cumin seeds and orange zest, and season with salt.
- Spread onto a large baking sheet and roast for 50 mins until tender and catching some colour on the edges.
- Stir the chickpeas into the roasted carrots, then tip onto a large serving platter.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil and a little of the orange juice.
- Crumble over the goat’s cheese and scatter with the herbs and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve warm with toasted flatbreads.