Cushion of Marinated Red Pepper Confiture:
Prep: 2 mins.
Cooking: 15 mins. Then overnight to marinate thoroughly.
Course: Side dish, but……
Rating: 2: Easy
This recipe is for a cushion of red pepper confiture on which you can present the star ingredient of your dish. It’s a bit of showin’ off, but it’s a good bit of showin’ off.
- Ripe red, yellow and orange peppers
- Dried dill leaves (Dill Weed)
- Olive oil
- Sherry vinegar
- Cling film
- Oven tray
- Oil the whole peppers & roast in hot (Gas Mk 7) oven for 10 minutes on a baking tray.
- Remove, quickly put into a bowl and cover with cling film to allow steaming to occur (or just into a plastic bag & seal it).
- After 15 minutes remove from the bowl (or bag) and the skin should peel off easily. Remove and discard the skin and all seeds.
- Thinly shred the floppy flesh and throw into a bowl, add a mixture of olive oil & sherry vinegar, and then sprinkle with dried dill. Mix thoroughly.
- Put cling film over the bowl and leave to marinate for a few hours, or overnight. These beautiful marinated peppers can be used as a lovely cushion on which to sit a nice bit of meat, like the green lamb later in this section. MWAH!