Porridge – just plain, ordinary Porridge.
…but like I was saying earlier… if you ain’t bin told, ‘ow d’y’know?
Prep: 30 secs.
Cooking: 5-8 mins.
Course: Brekkie – you CAN have it as a main course, I suppose, but I
don’t think that I’ll be coming to join you every morning – so you’re safe!
Rating: 1: Easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy!
- Box of porridge oats
- Sugar to taste
- Read the instructions on the box.
- Put however much porridge oats into the saucepan.
- Pour in as much milk as it needs.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Heat & stir. Bring to boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 5 mins, or however long it tells to you simmer it for when you read the instructions on the box.
The thing with porridge is, even though it has the street cred of a house-brick and it doesn’t exactly appear exciting to the eye, it is truly one of the best breakfasts that you can have. (And you don’t have to tell anyone that you eat it every morning…….)
The fact is: the early brain needs feeding, and porridge does the biz.
- Try plopping a dollop or two of jam in it and swirlin’ it around.
- Or pour a few drops of vanilla extract (or a dollop of vanilla paste) into it whilst it’s cooking.