Courgette Bake with tomatoes:
Prep: 10 mins.
Cooking: 30 mins.
Rating: 3: Moderate
- 6 Courgettes or a marrow
- Can of tomatoes
- Shelled walnuts, pine nuts, etc
- Extra bits – see text
- Frying pan
- Oven dish
- Simple, really… slice an onion and courgettes or a marrow with the seeds removed, cut and slice it/chop it and fry it all off in a pan, low and slow for about ten minutes.
- Add a can of tomatoes and you have the base. As all ingredients are soft in texture, you need to add a bit of bite.
- Add walnuts/pine nuts, fried off and chopped, perhaps a bit of goat’s cheese or something else tasty, put all into an oven dish and top with a bit of cheese.
- Oven bake for 15 mins gas Mk 5 and you have a nice veggie meal – perhaps accompanied by rice or pasta.