Cauliflower cheese 2:
Prep: 10 mins.
Cooking: 30 mins.
Serves: 2 or 4
Rating: 3: Moderate
- Cauliflower (a standard cauliflower serves 4 for a starter or 2 as a main)
- All in one sauce – See Tricks’n’Tips
- Grated cheese
- Seasonings – with lots of black pepper
- Ovenproof ceramic or glass dish
- Cut cauli into florets (25mm/1 inch), discarding the thick stem and all but the smallest of leaves,
- Boil in salted water for 5 mins and then ……
- Fry the softened florets in any of/a mixture of olive, walnut and/or sesame oil, browning them well, tasting and seasoning as you go. Don’t be concerned when they break up as you fry them, because they’re bound to.
- Again, as above, make Delia’s all-in-one sauce, add the grated cheese to the sauce (saving a bit for the top mixture), stir in well and pour over the now super-tasty cauli in an oven dish.
- Mix the saved cheese and the breadcrumbs together and sprinkle on top, then put in the oven (200 degs C) for 15 mins.
Great with ANYTHING!
I feel a song coming on……