Cauliflower Cheese 1:
Prep: 10 mins.
Cooking: 30 mins.
Serves: 2 or 4
Rating: 3: Moderate
Cauliflower can be so BORING!
But there are ways to avoid it being so… so…. so…. BORING!.
- Cauliflower (a standard sized cauliflower serves 4 for a starter or 2 as a main)
- All in one sauce – See Tricks’n’Tips
- Grated cheese
- Seasonings – with lots of black pepper (or be really daring and try some curry powder….)
- Ovenproof ceramic or glass dish
- Cut cauli into florets (25mm/1 inch), discarding the thick stem and all but the smallest of leaves, boil in salted water for 10 mins.
- Make Delia’s all-in-one sauce (such a godsend – see Tricks’n’Tips), add the grated cheese to the sauce (save a bit for the top), stir in well and pour over the drained cauli in an oven dish.
- Mix the saved cheese and the breadcrumbs together and sprinkle on top, then put in the oven (200 degs C) for 15 mins.
- Great with a green salad.