A rather sumptuous Veggie Fettie
Prep: 10 mins.
Cooking: 30 mins.
Serves: 2 to 4
Rating: 2: Easy, if a bit long-winded – but definitely worth it!
- 250 g fettuccine or linguini (in which case it would be called ‘A rather sumptuous Veggie Linguini’, which sounds just as good, I’d say…)
- 2 egg yolks
- 250 ml single cream
- 30 g grated Parmesan
- Cubes of fried courgette, mushroom and/or aubergine
- More finely grated Parmesan, and Parmesan shavings, to serve
How does this work?
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
- Cut up the aubergine, courgette and mushrooms into cubes or small pieces and fry in oil to a golden colour. (You might as well have all three – why not?)
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain, leaving just a tiny bit of the water in the saucepan. Return the pasta to the pan and place over low heat, stirring in the egg yolks, cream, Parmesan and seasonings. Remember that you’ll need an amount of coarsely ground black pepper or you’ll be arrested by the taste police.
- Stir for a couple of minutes or so, as the egg needs to cook on the pasta.
- Stir in half of the veggie bits. Pile onto the plates
- Sprinkle the rest of the veggie bits over the pasta on the plates, then the grated Parmesan, then the shavings.
- Serve with lots of wine – and friends.